Features and Benefits
- Companies joining CIAN receive a seat on the CIAN Industrial Advisory Board (IAB).
- The IAB strongly influences the Center's strategic direction and research focus by having a leadership role in the evaluation of research projects.
- CIAN has an annual budget of $4.9M in federal funding. An IAB company's $25K in annual membership receives 200:1 leverage.
- Member companies have opportunities to commercialize CIAN-funded research.
- Center members have an exclusivity period of one year to negotiate license rights to CIAN intellectual property created in Center funded projects.
- Center members have the non-exclusive right to use CIAN developed intellectual property in their in-house research activities.
- Membership provides companies with access to CIAN researchers and a worldwide network of photonics and optical networking experts and resources.
- 36 faculty, 12 Fellows of IEEE, OSA, ACM, 4 Academic Chairs/Deans, 3 Chaired professorships
- Center provides fluid engagements with multiple faculty to quickly bring the right combination of academic expertise and facilities to industrial member's specific needs and spawn high impact sponsored projects or collaborative grant applications.
- Access to CIAN testbeds with facilities to measure device performance in aggregation and data center networks.
- Learn about and help shape pre-competitive technology roadmaps by interacting with customers, suppliers and competitors during Center activities and events including workshops and webinars
- Membership provides an opportunity to interact with a large number of students with experience and training in optical communication networks and photonic devices who can provide immediate impact to member organizations.
- All CIAN students have systems engineering experience and understand and appreciate the importance of intellectual property.
- Access to the students through CIAN can lower hiring costs, provide opportunities to get to know students before hiring (e.g., internships), and attract top talent from leading Universities within CIAN.
- Two "site visit" invitations offer a broader understanding of the research status, accomplishments and capabilities and interests of the researchers and the universities.
To View and Download our Features and Benefits Value Proposition Click Here!